Friday, December 5, 2008

True Understanding



Need a cup of conviction? Take a sip of today's reading from George Muller:

Why should we limit either the goodness or the power of God by our own knowledge of what we call the laws of nature? Why should we not admit that "there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamed of in our philosophy"? In a universe governed by moral law, why should not moral laws take precedence of all others? Why should we deny that there is a power in prayer to which we have not commonly attained? We are straitened in ourselves, and suppose that we are straitened in God. We interpret the gracious promises of our most loving Father in heaven by the rule of our own imperfect and unbelieving piety. We ask for light from without, while the light can only come from a more elevated piety within. We ask for examples of the effects of faith at the present day, corresponding to those spoken of in the sacred Scriptures. Thoughtful men acknowledge that there must be a meaning in these promises, which they have not yet understood, and they see plainly that the kingdom of God can never come with power until this prevalence in prayer shall have become a matter of universal attainment; and yet they dare hardly believe that God is as good as he has revealed himself to be.
--from The Life of Trust by George Muller

1 comments:

Bless those that help others said...

Bless those who help others:
My story: I am 41 years old and have 2 children, until 6 months ago everything around me was on solid ground (I mean life wasn't perfect but I was doing ok) I don't expect that many will even believe me, but I have to try.

First let me say I do have a job, I had two jobs but was laid off my 2nd job, I started feeling really tried but just passed it off as being a little stressed and not resting. I went to the doctor to only now be told that I have breast cancer and it's petty progressed. I cannot think about that as it has now only put more stress and added additional challenges for my family. I tried to get assistance from the local Family and Children Services but was told that I do not qualify they told me that I am over the thresh hold on income. I asked them what does that mean. I just did not understand. Today I called our utility company to get assistance with the light bill , they gave me until Jan 5th after the Holiday's. I am already in Foreclosure on my Home and have until 1 February. I thank you for reading and thank you for any support you may be able to give if only $1 can make a difference. I have a Pay Pal account if any one could help. khill010268@aol.com

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template