Sunday, February 1, 2009

Holding The Wind

Growing up in Oklahoma, I have always loved the wind. From the warm breezes of spring to the fury of the early summer thunderstorm winds to the cooler, almost overpowering gusts typical of fall, I have been enraptured by this unseen power of nature for all of my life. I remember as a child trying to hold the wind, to somehow capture for all time the thrill I felt as its invisible currents rushed around me. But what I love so much has always eluded me, because who can hold what was never meant to be held for long?

We try and hang on to many things in life that we were never meant to possess: grudges, fears, anger, resentment, addictions. Some things have been a part of our lives for so long that to give them up feels like losing part of ourselves. Yet, letting go of these things rewards us with something much better: freedom. And the beauty of it is, when you know you can't let go of whatever you are clutching by yourself, your big brother Jesus is more than capable of taking it away for you. You just have to let him.



--Jeremy Camp - Let it Fade

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template